Jimmy John’s Sandwiches is a no B.S. company listed as one of the fastest growing QSRs in the nation. We are looking for a Rockstar Construction Specialist to join our Construction team at our headquarters in Champaign, IL.
Our in-house Construction Management team ensures consistency and excellence across our sandwich shops. The next JJ Construction Specialist must be a jack-of-all-trades - they will be responsible for managing special projects and in store repairs while assisting in the entire construction process of new and existing stores. This gig also involves weekly travel to inspect and approve stores according to JJ's brand and quality standards.
At Jimmy John's, the future is in your hands. We'll teach you and bring you up to speed, but you must be willing to learn and take constructive feedback. We work hard, pay well, and have fun!
• Hands-on work to complete maintenance requests and in store projects
• Manage special projects at corporate offices and stores.
• Travel is required 1-2 days/week to complete special projects, and store walkthroughs
• Create and manage existing store refresh/remodel task lists and assist in overseeing the completion of entire project
• Answer Design and Construction RFI’s from franchisees, architects and contractors
• Thoroughly review, redline and approve blueprints to ensure accuracy and JJ’s standards are met
• Assist in creating store layouts and lighting plans using AutoCAD for the franchisee to review and architects to use as a base plan for blueprint development (training in AutoCAD is provided)
• Follow systems and procedures to accurately record and document all layout information and confirm all necessary equipment is included
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to complete basic store maintenance tasks
• Ability to work in the following work conditions or with the following tools, on a moderate basis: dust, fumes, heat, noise, cold, elevated work such as work on ladders and roofs, sharp tools, power equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to address problems proactively and demonstrate a sense of urgency to solve them
• Ability to work independently with attention to detail
• Degree in Construction Management or 2-3 years relevant job experience preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Willingness to learn AutoCAD and other design review programs required for store design
• Must complete Jimmy John’s Certified Manager Training program and other applicable training.
• Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current auto insurance, and meet the approved driving criteria of our automobile insurance carrier.
• Potential for career advancement within the company
• Competitive compensation and potential to earn bonuses for extraordinary performance
• Vacation/Holiday/Sick pay for eligible employees
• Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for eligible employees
• 401(k) for eligible employees
• Optional Life and Disability Insurance for eligible employees
Jimmy John’s Franchise, LLC and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or class protected by federal, state or local laws.